Happy Mother's Day!

Arek Saturday, May 13, 2006
Its Mother's Day! While I love my mom and thinks she deserves the world for being such a great mom, I always slightly dread getting presents for my mom. Mostly because its super hard to find her something she'd like with my limited budget. And really, (at least for me anyway) any money I spend on Mother's Day is just her money anyway. Nevertheless, here are some ideas of what to get your mom.

If price was not an issue, then the Birkin bag will be the first on my list. For those who have been with us since last year, I know, the Herme's Birkin bag was first on the list last year as well. But, while all other "it" bags come and go, the Birkin will stay with us forever. It will always be on the top of the most wanted/coveted list for women.

If you are still on the waiting list for the Birkin, good temporary substitutes would be the timeless Chanel handbags. Or maybe even the Fendi Spy bag, I can totally see my mom using it.

Then of course, diamonds are a girl's best friend. And that includes girl's of all ages. Better yet, throw in a mother-of-pearl (both from Tiffany's).


Taking it a notch down a little, you could also get your mom a designer coin purse. They're like the cheapest of designer accessories AND they're still very very useful!

Personally this year I got my mom a neck scarf this year from Fendi. And its not necessarily as expensive as the two shown above from Pucci and Burberry. If you go bargain hunting, you can find some pretty good deals. Along with the Fendi scarf, I also spotted some very pretty silk Bottega Venneta scarf for only $69.99!

Another good idea is photoframes. My mom loves them. We have photoframes on every inch of surface in our house (just ask Harrods Girl!). And the great thing is, photoframes comes in a wide range of prices! From this Pave Stape frame $595 (left) and this jeweled braided frame $250, to your own lovingly handmade one, which costs $0 but is worth so much more.

Another very useful thing my mom loves are travelling cosmetic bags. I know, you can get them for free as gifts from cosmetic counters, but really, these ones from Kate Spade and Lulu Guiness are so much cuter!

Another item from last year's list that will never change is Lamer skincare. They're just the best. A more within budget skincare item that your mom may be interested in is this L'Occitane handcream trio. They are one of the best handcreams around AND it'll fit perfectly into their purse!


Last but not least is kitchenware! Thats what they use to cook all your favourite food afterall. More extravagantly, you can get them this stainless steel set. Or you can get them this super cute dress up cookie cutter set. I personally LOVE the cookie cutter set. Its just too bad my mom doesn't bake cookies. Both of these items are from William Sonoma. They also had many already gift-wrapped for mother's day items around the store when I was there this weekend. Definitely something to check out if you still haven't gotten anything for Mother's day.

So Happy Mother's Day too mother's everywhere. And to our mom's, we love you!
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment