Haute Couture FW06 III

Arek Monday, July 10, 2006
Today's the last post for the FW06 Haute Couture shows. To be honest, I don't love haute couture collections as much as RTW collections because afterall, I actually get to wear RTW collections, (or at least their high street versions.) But as I looked at the photos one by one from the Lacroix and Gaultier shows, I can't help but sigh... sooo pretty.

Christian Lacroix

Whenever I window shop in high-end department stores and stumble across the Lacroix section, I always end up disappointed because the clothes sold are just so... messy (the design) and untrendy. But it's the couture shows that remind me every half a year why I admire this brand.

For some odd reasons, I keep seeing bits and pieces of other RTW designers' designs at the beginning of this collection. Like the coat on the left reminds me a bit of Marc by Marc Jacobs girly cutting.

(And these sort of remind me of Anna Sui.) Nevertheless, I love all the cream and gold colours used. So lovely.

These dresses are not what I would describe as 'pretty', (maybe except for the middle one,) but I really like them. The black dresses remind me of dresses of gothic dolls -sophisticated dolls of course.

Love both of these dresses. The brown bubble dress is adorable in a slightly edgy way, and the dress on the right is royal without being princess-y sweet.

Jean Paul Gaultier

While Gaultier is not the fanciest nor grandest haute collection, it's definately the darkest and most edgy haute collection.

I can totally picture a rich Parisian lady walking down the street in this fur-trimmed, crocodile-skin coat. (I'm not 100% sure it's crocodile skin.) And on the right is a perfect LBD for the not-so-boring people.

Now this is a scary amount of fur, layers and layers of it! On the right is another seemingly simple, but actually not so simple dress. I love the gold silk layer under the maroon chiffon. It adds a lot of dimension to the dress.

The model is literally 'foxy'. Not only is there a fox 'necklace', the dress has a fur tail trailing behind. On the right is a old-French-style dress.

Most people are more amazed by the purple web dress on the right, but personally I found the dress on the left more eye-catching. Look at the details: I'm not talking about the painting-like pattern on the dress, but the web or wire-looking material that is moving on the left side. That flap really adds definition to an otherwise unexciting dress.

Hmm... I think the Christian Lacroix collection was my favourite out of all the FW06 haute couture collections. It's not the most innovative collection, but I love the combination of the prettiness, flattering cuts and slight edginess.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment