Lookalike Bags

Arek Monday, July 3, 2006
I was searching for photos for the post on white bags last Thursday when I saw a lot of bags that were 'inspired' by high end bags, and I thought it would be fun to look at them. Now these 'inspired' bags I am talking about are not the obviously-fake ones sold on unreliable-looking websites. These bags are from high street retailers, shops that we all usually shop in. I am not saying it's right or wrong for high street retailers to go copy things by high end brands, but simply thought it would be interesting to show you the bags I happened to stumble across online:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm sure you all recognise the YSL Muse bag, which is this season's IT bag. It's also one of the most copied bags I've seen this season. The top photo shows the YSL Muse bag ($1895), and the bottom photo shows 'inspired' ones from Urban Outfitters ($58).

Another spotlight bag this season -Fendi B-bag (top). Obviously the bags aren't exactly the same, but I'm sure you can see the similarities. I can't find out how much the B-bag shown in the picture costs, but the 'inspired' one is by Bebe for $239. To be honest, I'm slightly surpised at how much the Bebe costs, considering it's not exactly an 'original' bag.

The Chloe tote (left) is one hot bag this season. I'm not so hot on the 'inspired' one since it looks kind of cheap in the photo, but it does look incredibly practical -think about how useful it would be for going to school, (not to mention I wouldn't have to worry about making the bag dirty!) The Chloe Betty is sold at $1550 and the Urban Outfitters at $98.

The Marc by Marc Jacobs North/South Holdall bag (left) is another one of this season's practical and stylish bags. It looks great to carry around the city. But I think the Gap tote (right) looks pretty too. It doesn't have the instant 'fashionable-feel' to it, but it looks fantastic to carry things around (although definately in a less city environment,) and it's only $48.

Another Marc by Marc Jacobs lookalike is this one: Core Canvas Tote (left). While the Marc Jacobs bag is cute, it's also one of those very seasonal bags, meaning that it will be instantly recognised as 'so last season' next summer (because prints are so much more recognisable and less versatile than plain leather.) This is why the Reserve Hopsack City Tote by Free People is a brilliant alternative, not to mention it's really cute too. I can't find out how much the Marc one costs anymore since it's off the websites. The Free People one sells at $148.

The last one if the Diorissimo by Dior. It looks like a pretty classic monogrammed Dior bag to me, (it's not really my taste but I'm sure someone like it.) Bebe has a very similar one for $169 if you like the design more than you care about the label. Otherwise, the Diorissimo sells for $890.


Wasn't this fun!
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment