Rock and Republic Pockets

Arek Tuesday, February 20, 2007
I've always been intrigued with the Victoria Beckham for Rock and Republic jeans. So the other day at Sak's I finally tried on a pair for fun- and wow!

They looked and fit great! I happened to have picked the wider leg one (Victoria Beckham La Jeans), so it made me look taller and more slimming. The wash was also excellent, in a gorgeous even indigo shade with just a hint of those engineering effect. I must admit, I was very surprised. First because I didn't think much of Victoria Beckham as a designer (although she probably didn't design it completely on her own anyway....) and secondly because it is by Rock and Republic, and R&R never used to fit me so well, particularly around the butt. But alas, they are priced close to $300 and I'm not sure I'm prepared to pay that much for them. Especially when I haven't decided if those gold crowns are tacky or cool . . . . . though i guess they are better than these skulls. At first glance, I really liked the intricate emblemic design. But once I realized there was a skull...well, lets just say they are not to my taste.
I much prefer their classic logo. Simple, sleek yet cool. Although by now, I must admit, it has become a bit boring seeing it on everywhere.

The gold stitching is a good twist to make it more interesting. Although again, it can potentially border on too much.

Thoughts on these pockets?

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment